MOTOR MVB Focal Topic

This semester, I get to be part of an immersive learning class that is working for MOTOR MVB. Now, what is MOTOR MVB and what is the mission? MOTOR MVB expands education opportunities at college and universities so student-athletes can receive scholarships, compete on the court, get a college education, and grow as leaders. MOTOR stands for Making Opportunities & Transforming Our Reach and MVB stands for Men's Volleyball. 

On this team, I am part of the branch that does everything at the collegiate level. In January, I went to Nashville and got to shoot and report on different teams, coaches, players, parents and even the event coordinator, Vinnie Lopes who is a Ball State alum! I want to help grow the game, but I also want to help show that volleyball isn't just a female sport. Men can do it too and they're pretty dang good at it. 

For this project, I want to help improve the photo layouts and dabble a little bit in the graphics portion. We have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and a website. The layouts are very neat and clean, but maybe a bit too simplistic. We really want to grab the attention of the parents because they are becoming a huge source for these boys to play in travel, high school and then eventually college. 

Another idea that I had was to also do a video recorded podcast with many of the players and talk about growing up with the sport, if they didn't then how did they get into it, things that address what it's like to be a student-athlete and even talk about things they want "outsiders" to know about the sport. 

I'm really excited to play around with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. I'm going to try some things that I've never really done before and I really hope that I am able to pull this together and make it look cohesive. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am a... Jedi Master?