My Personal Brand Logo

As a photographer, I really want to show the world that I'm different than other photographers. There's always that factor of not standing out enough in the crowd. I believe that the only way to truly show who you are is through a very personal brand. I've created one to showcase.




I think that because I spell my name so uniquely, it gives way to showing that my personality matches the name. I did most of the branding in photoshop. I would like to take you through the process!

First, I scoured the internet looking for the perfect font. I wanted something that was fun, curly and easily read. I believe I accomplished this. Once I found the font, Stea from 1001 Fonts, I knew that it fit what I was looking for. It's got that perfect amount of "curliness" that I was looking for and it spaced out nicely to fill the page. I put it into photoshop and cut out just my name and saved it as a .png file so I could overlay it on my background later.

I went on to finding what background I wanted. I'm super into watercolors so I knew that I wanted to incorporate that in as well. I went to Google and found a nicely balanced "purple-esque" type. Purple is my favorite color, so again, my personality is really shining through. I really wanted to find a unique type of watercolor and when I found this powder looking one, I thought that it was going to look not so watercolor-y and I'm glad it didn't turn out that way. I feel like it still looks like watercolor. This is going to sound weird, but I wanted watercolor in there because to me, it flows where it wants to on a canvas and there has always been this thought of just letting things flow and I really try to allow that to shine through in life.

Next, I brought my name over and layered it on top of the background. It could not have fit more perfectly. I liked the way it spread out and how each letter is highlighted some way, somehow. I didn't want it to feel muddy at all because, again, I wanted to keep the fluidness of the piece.

After I layered those together, I then flattened the layers into one file. I was then able to move that file over to InDesign to add my last element to the brand. The words; Express, Challenge, Create are the three most important aspects of being a photographer to me. I love them so much that I have their respective glyphs tattooed on my right wrist, along with watercolor behind it. Sounds about right, correct? I'll include a photo for reference:




Anyway, I wanted those words to be part of my brand because I want to always be reminded why I am doing what I'm doing. Why do I shoot sports? Because I want to EXPRESS myself through the photo, I want to CHALLENGE myself and I want to CREATE a moment in time that will not happen again.

I do want to be different from the crowd. I want to stand out. With this new brand logo, I want to add it to my personal photography pages. It's not just about the photography aspect. It's about me as a whole and I think that my logo encompasses that.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am a... Jedi Master?

Rhetorical Analysis: Visual-Verbal Text